June 25, 2020
Can you believe that summer is already here? 2020 is flying by, and these warmer months are very welcome after the chill of this past winter! In our downtown Sacramento boudoir photography studio, we’ve been prepping for the warmer months in the only way we know how: incredibly gorgeous outdoor boudoir photography sessions, and compiling all our favorite summer looks for inspiration!
Finding the perfect outfits for your summer photos can be quite the ordeal, can’t it? We know that lighter fabrics are usually good, because they allow for breathability and motion. But what about those of us who enjoy a little variation in texture? What about the “summer goth” in all of us, that just can’t stomach anything lighter in shade than a deep, dark blue? We know that the beautiful women we photograph are unique and different in so many ways – body types, hairstyles, complexions, personal tastes & history. So why not try to gather inspiration that everyone can use?
We spent some time this week putting together a list of some of our favorite boudoir looks from Forever 21, perfect to wear during a summer boudoir shoot – indoor or out! We’re so excited to see what sort of summer-y boudoir looks we’ll be photographing this year, and can’t wait to share some of those photos eventually, too!
Summer Boudoir Inspiration from Forever 21:
- Open-Back Ribbed Bodysuit: Okay, so while we know long sleeves don’t really scream “SUMMER!”, this gorgeous lemon-y shade definitely does! Don’t be afraid of thicker material or longer sleeves during your shoot – just make sure that the material isn’t too constrictive, and that it’s easy for you to move in!
- Faux Patent Leather Barbie Bodysuit: This is an adorably retro look that would look amazing paired with a cute pair of shorts!
- Plus Size Sheer Lace-Trim Teddy: Who says neon stopped being cool in the 80s?! This plus-sized teddy with a sweetheart neckline, eyelash lace trim, and adjustable cami straps is such a great choice for summer shoots – and that color! We can’t get over how cool this one is.
- Floral Embroidered Sheer Mesh Top: Bring on the sheer! This cute top offers a peek-a-boo look at whatever cute bra you’re wearing underneath, so we’d recommend something equally lacy and sweet – or switch it up and put something edgy underneath!
- Plunging Floral Lace Halter Bralette: We love bralettes with plunging necklines like this one – the fit is so flattering on a variety of figures, and the scalloped trim and princess seams make this one that you’ll probably wear even after your photo session.
- Sheer Mesh Clip Dot Bodysuit: This one’s for all the edgier gals out there – you didn’t think we’d forget about our spooky sisters, did you? This gorgeous mesh bodysuit offers the sheerness you want from a summer piece, but also keeps things Addams-approved with the gorgeous black color, long peasant sleeves, and a light cami underlay.
- Watercolor Striped Surplice Top: Don’t be afraid of colors in your wardrobe this summer, or anytime! A little splash of color can amp a cute outfit up to amazing. The striped watercolor-esque print on this semi-sheer, crinkled woven top is sure to become a staple in any summer wardrobe.
- Sheer Mesh Polka Dot Bodysuit: Another option that could add a little bit of femininity to a fun pair of summer shorts! The polka dot pattern and smocked mock neckline on this one give it a beach-y vibe that we can’t get enough of!
- Velveteen Cami Bodysuit: We love texture in our boudoir photos, so this is an obvious choice for anyone looking to add a little extra oomph! to their outfit. With a knit velveteen cami bodysuit seamed bust, princess seams, and a sweetheart neckline – you can’t go wrong here!
- Mesh Faux Pearl Midi Skirt: This midi skirt is angelic! The seamed wavy design and faux pearl accents make it appropriately mermaid-esque, which is absolutely perfect for a fun-in-the-sun summer photoshoot (or, heck, even a day at the beach!). We love the pairing of this light, pretty skirt here with the tougher aesthetic of a leather jacket – so cute!
As always with our outfit inspo posts, keep in mind that these are just guidelines and things we love! Your tastes may differ, and there’s absolutely nothing wrong with that. Feel free to share your own favorite summer boudoir looks in our Boudoir By Olin Self-Love Facebook Group – we’d love to see them!